Saturday 1 January 2011

198 WORLD OF TWIST, Sunscreem, Sensurround, London Kentish Town Town And Country Club, Friday 15 November 1991

Had the day off to do lots of shopping up the Smoke with Veronica, but she got tired so I went to the gig on my own! Both support bands were hi-nrg dance combos, largely ignored by the audience and myself, as I made straight for the bar for cider to soothe my cough!

Held a watching brief, therefore, for the main event, as World Of Twist gave yet another sparkling show, with firecrackers, slides, strobes, dry ice and surely the first bona fide superstar of the 1990s in vocalist and frontman Tony Ogden, augmenting their stunning set of pure and timeless pop music. The highlights were a superb "Lose My Way" and encores "Like A Rainbow" and a version of MC5's "Kick Out The Jams".

Brilliant stuff, once again; superstardom beckons for the Twisting team!

No comments:

Post a Comment