Tuesday 11 January 2011

150 THE PARACHUTE MEN, Oxford Jericho Tavern, Friday 12 January 1990


My first gig of the 1990s is, appropriately enough, my favourite band of the late 1980s. Also it's another gig at the Jericho Tavern - am I becoming a bit of a regular here? Met the band in the pub downstairs, securing a guest list spot in the process for myself and my travelling buddies, and missed the support band The Colour Mary, as Parachute Men vocalist Fiona was holding court. Far more interesting!

I'll never get tired of listening to this band, I think! Another brilliant set, with a slew of new numbers from the forthcoming LP (due in March, and I'm counting the seconds) nevertheless becoming increasingly familiar, particularly the well rocking "No. 3" and the brilliant rollercoaster ride that is "Mad Sadie Can't Levitate". Another great set of thrilling, heart-cracking emotive Indie rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment