Thursday 3 February 2011

4 BIG COUNTRY, Swindon Brunel Rooms Amphitheatre, Tuesday August 17 1982


The above pic of Stuart Adamson on Big Country taking the stage at the Brunel Amphi was recently unearthed by my good friend Ben Warr, who I was at the gig with... and yes, that's the back of my head in the bottom right of the pic!

I managed to get in to see this gig, despite it being on an "Over 18's" Tuesday night and me being a mere 17 (going on 12!). The gig was scheduled for a few days after the release of Big Country's debut single "Harvest Home", which I, as a huge Skids fan, had snapped up immediately and loved the bagpipe-like riffery from my former Skids guitar hero Stuart Adamson.

I danced all throughout their splendid, unsupported set in the small Amphi hall, being the only person to do so! "Harvest Home" (which I distinctly recall they played twice, early in the set and then as an encore) and "Angle Park" were the high-tempo highlights of their set, at the end of which I shook Stuart's hand and grabbed a quick word, thus;
"thanks for dancing to us,"
"hurry up with the album, Stuart!"

The set-list at New York's Peppermint Lounge 4 days later was as below, so this one was likely to be very similar, if not exactly the same...

Angle Park
Harvest Home
Close Action
Balcony
Lost Patrol
Porrohman
The Crossing
Heart And Soul
Inwards

Harvest Home

No comments:

Post a Comment